Summer vacation ! (August 8-17)

This is summer vacation season, and I took 10 days vacation from August 8(Fri) to 17(Sun) (included Saturday and Sunday). This period was called "Obon" (around August 15). Usually we went to my hometown Shizuoka-pref. to meet my parents and sister&brother's family, but this time we spent Osaka due to our baby. 

And August 13, I went to an exibition of painter Amedeo Modigliani at The National Museum of Art, Osaka which is located at nakano-shima (small island and located in a cenral of Osaka-city) . My wife couldn't go there because of nursing a baby(we are nursing a baby by turns.) (See the Map). At first I took off at Yodoyabashi-sta. which is the starting station of Keihan-train. (Keihan-train is running from central of Osaka to Kyoto and I used this train for going to my office), then walked along the riverside of nakano-shima to the west (where musium is located). Around nakano-shima island, there are many beautiful scenary like this. This island is a sandbank of Dojima-river and Tosabori-river and there are many beautiful architecture built from meiji-era to the showa-era. After watching this exibition, I ate a lunch (below pic). Around here, there are good restaurant with a reasonable price ( I ate kaisen-don which is a rice served in a bowl with tuna, octopus, salmon roe, 780 Yen and delicious !). This erea is business erea, so usually there are many office worker around there, but in this week there are a little officeworker.

After eating lunch, I went back to the east along the riverside of nakano-shima. (Scenary is like this.)
I walked trough higobashi-sta. yodoyabashi-sta. kitahama-sta. and arrived at tenmabashi-sta. It took about 40 min walk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pops

Earthquake happend in Japan

Goldsmith College, UK

Iga ueno city, Ninja museum

Our new family !